|Saturday, 04 August 2012 14:31|
Lisa Faulkner’s Moroccan lamb shanks
o 4 large lamb shanks
o 2tablespoons olive oil
o 1 teaspoon ground ginger
o ½ teaspoon ground cumin
o ½ teaspoon all spice
o ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
o 1 large red onion — finely diced
o 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
o 250ml chicken stock
o Salt — season to taste
o 2 tablespoons of chopped flat leaf parsley
1. Preheat oven to 150ºC, gas mark 3
2. Trim any excess fat off the lamb shanks
3. Heat the olive oil in a large oven proof casserole pan and brown the lamb shanks.
4. Take out and add the spices and onion to the same oil and fry for 3-4 mins.
5. Put the lamb shanks back in the pan and add the tinned tomatoes, stock and enough water to cover.
6. Season to taste
7. Bring to the boil, cover and put in the oven for 2½ hours.
8. Take the lamb shanks out of the pan and cover with foil to keep hot.
9. Put the casserole’s pans on the hob and lightly boil the liquid until reduces slightly.
10. Add back the lamb shanks to reheat.
11. Add the chopped flat leaf parsley and serve. — www.hotpoint.co.uk/vitalingredient